Sunday 16 May 2010

Danko Jones - Below The Belt

Canadian Trio Danko Jones return with the new (ans 6th) full length album by the way of Below The Belt. What we get is pure ass kicking rock n roll, with pop sensibilities Kiss would be proud of. from opening track 'I Think Bad Thought' this album is non stop class. All the songs are extremely well written, the production is spot on and the band are as tight as a ducks arse!

Front man Danko Jones is in great voice, telling us just how he lives the rock n roll life style,but in a fun matter of fact way. The band have been around for years now, and as I said earlier this is their sixth album, but they haven't lost their hunger and drive!
I love this entire album, but If I had to pick out a few stand out tracks then I would have to go with, 'I Think Bad Thoughts', 'Magic Snake', 'Had Enough', (I Cant Handle) Moderation and 'I Wanna Break Up With You'
Again, this album is great, and just goes to show how good old fashioned straight ahead rock music can be!

Very Highly recommended

website - http://www.dankojones.com/

rating 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment