Thursday 25 August 2016

Baz Francis (Magic Eight Ball) - Live at Molly Malone’s / Los Angeles 2015 (EP) (2016)

Genre - Hard Rock / Modern Rock / Live / Acoustic
Label - Magic Cat Records

Track listing:
01. California In The Fall (Live)
02. Better Off Asleep (Live)
03. Monkey Bars (Live)
04. Perils Of Honesty (Live)
05. Local Girls (Live)

"In the latter quarter of last year I shared one of those beautiful kind of evenings in the presence of friends, new and old, in my spiritual home of West Hollywood, California, and thankfully the tape was rolling to capture the music I made that night too. Every now and then I have made those un-mastered soundboard recordings available to anyone curious of how my gig at Molly Malone's sounded, but upon reappraisal of the material, at the heart of it was something that simply had to be taken further and then given an official release.
Re-designed, re-edited, and now mastered for the first time courtesy of my trusty fellow, Lewis John, I am thrilled to tell you that as of 25th August 2016 you can finally hear the best bits of my gig that night presented at a superior quality unavailable until now, as Magic Cat Records Limited release my new solo live EP, 'Live at Molly Malone’s / Los Angeles 2015'. Available to download from all the usual suspects, this is the sound of me at home and in love with my surroundings. I hope you enjoy how that came out on record."

Thank God the tapes were rolling as this is one of the best sounding live recordings that I have heard in a long time, and really does seem to capture a certain magic that, if you close your eyes, transports you to the actual gig its self. Recorded at and mixed by Molly Malone's, Los Angeles, USA on 7th October 2015 Vocally Baz Francis is in great form here!

This Ep really is well worth checking out!

Rating: 10/10






No comments:

Post a Comment